Supernatural, Buffy, Harry Potter, Teen Wolf, The Avengers, Sailor Moon, Veronica Mars, Vikings, an abundance of cats, and love for unpopular characters, among other things. You may know me as jacyevans elsewhere on the net.
You know what the writers haven’t used in AGES either?
Other kinds of demons. I mean I’m all for bringing in the mythology about the Knights of Hell, but if they wanted to make the demons interesting or actually scary again, there’s so much they could use…
- Daeva - the demonic creatures that manifest as shadows, controlled by demons
- Acheri - the lower-ranking demons which can manifest as creepy fucking ass children (and could be controlled by the Special Children)
- Succubi - mentioned in the official spn lore, a female demon that seduces men in their sleep and feeds of their energy to replenish herself
- Hellspawn - the thing that John and Jo’s dad were hunting when Mr Harvelle got killed…
- Or how about the fact that not all demons possess people?! Like remember that episode where Sam and Dean capture Meg and take her to Bobby and he’s like “woAH THAT’S NOT A DEMON THAT’S A GIRL POSSESSED BY ONE”
- There is literally so much lore on demons and the hierarchy and the abilities they’ve displayed over the years why aren’t the writers utilising this?!